Pineapple Banana Smoothies make a delicious, healthy and refreshing snack, breakfast or lunch. They take less than 2 minutes in your blender and turn out smooth, creamy, and full of tropical fruit flavor. Make them dairy-free and vegan too! This 4-ingredient smoothie recipe is great for kids and adults.
This fruity and creamy pineapple banana smoothie makes a simple and healthy breakfast, especially for busy mornings on the go. It pairs perfectly with other simple breakfast items like egg and cheese burritos and fruit stuffed crescent rolls.
But don't reserve this recipe just for breakfast. It makes a great lunch and is a good snack as an alternative to packaged sugary foods.
While this smoothie is one of our favorites, we can't say we love it more than a strawberry mango smoothie or banana peach smoothie though! These ones are also really delicious and follow our basic smoothie making rules of no refined sugars and limited ingredients.
We use our Instant Ace Nova Blender for all of smoothie creations. It has a smoothie setting that makes perfect smoothies in 90 seconds. But any high speed blender will work for this recipe. We hope you enjoy it!
Why We Love This Recipe
- It contains only 4 nutritious ingredients- fruit, yogurt and milk!
- It's an easy way to eat a healthy breakfast and it's fruity and refreshing!
- Smoothies are great for busy mornings on the go or as snacks between activities.
- Kids love helping put the ingredients into the blender and garnishing their smoothies.
- You can make it dairy-free and vegan!
MORE SMOOTHIE RECIPES YOU'LL LOVE
This pineapple banana smoothie recipe is made with:
- Banana: use bananas that are on the larger size.
- Pineapple: fresh or frozen pineapple chunks both work, as do canned pineapple chunks.
- Milk: dairy milk or plant-based milk. We enjoy smoothies with almond milk or oat milk. Sometimes we use vanilla almond milk or coconut milk to create a slightly different flavor. Coconut water can also be used but this will create a thinner smoothie.
- Yogurt: Greek yogurt works the best as it makes the smoothie very creamy.
How To Make It
STEP 1: Add all ingredients to the blender in the order your blender suggests. If using the Instant Ace Blender, add the milk first, then yogurt, then pineapples and bananas.
STEP 2: Blend on high speed for 60-90 seconds, or until fruit has been completely blended and is smooth. For the Instant Ace Blender choose the "smoothie" option. This will take 90 seconds.
Pour and serve immediately. Garnish with fresh mint leaves, whipped cream or maraschino cherries and pineapple slices if desired and enjoy!
Optional Smoothie Add-Ins
For extra nutrition, add any of these optional ingredients to your banana pineapple smoothie:
- Protein powder
- Chia seeds
- Ground flaxseed
- Coconut chunks
- Make it vegan/dairy free by using coconut milk or almond milk yogurt and plant-based milk or coconut water.
- Make it thinner by using a little more liquid or adding a handful of ice cubes to the blender.
- Make it thicker by using a little more fruit than the recipe calls for. Using frozen pineapple chunks and freezing the bananas before making this smoothie will also produce a thicker smoothie.
Recipe Tips and FAQs
- Serve your smoothie immediately. If they sit for too long without being consumed the ingredients begin to separate. You can reblend it for a few seconds if this happens.
Of course! Fresh mint, more pineapple or banana slices, maraschino cherries and whipped cream are all delicious.
For more flavor, texture and health benefits try adding protein powder, chia seeds, oats, flaxseed or coconut chunks.
Yes, pineapple banana smoothies are low in calories and fat. They are chock full of potassium, calcium, vitamin C and vitamin A.
For more delicious recipes, follow us on Pinterest and Instagram! And if you loved this recipe make sure to give it a star rating!
Pineapple Banana Smoothie
- ¾ cup milk, dairy or non-dairy
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 2 cups pineapple, fresh or canned
- 2 bananas, peeled
- Add all ingredients to the blender in the order your blender suggests. If using the Instant Ace Blender, add the milk first, then yogurt, then pineapple and banana.
- Blend on high speed for 60-90 seconds, or until fruit has been completely blended and is smooth. If using an Instant Ace Blender, choose the "smoothie" option. This will take 90 seconds.
- Pour into glasses and serve, with garnish if desired.
Leave a Comment