These easy stuffed Nutella Crescent Rolls make a delicious, sweet breakfast or dessert! They are quick to make and will satisfy everyone's sweet tooth.
Nutella crescent rolls are one of my kids' favorite weekend morning breakfasts aside from pancakes. Not only do they enjoy helping to make them, but they love eating them too!
I love stuffing crescent dough with cream cheese or nutella. They both make for a chewy and soft bite, perfect for little ones. You could use croissant dough as well, for more of a flaky and crispy stuffed croissant. Both options are fantastic!
Strawberry and nutella filled crescents are my kids favorite version of these. Other fruits can be used too, like raspberries, peaches, mangos, and more! Stuffing them with fruit is a great way to get picky little ones to eat fruit when they give you a hard time.
Plus the sweet fruit compliments the creamy chocolate and hazelnut flavors perfectly.
So grab those little helping hands and get to cooking!
You need 3 simple ingredients to make nutella crescent rolls:
- Nutella: is a creamy chocolate hazelnut spread. A plant-based chocolate spread could also be used for a vegan option.
- Crescent dough package: traditional crescent dough or the buttery and flaky version to make flaky nutella croissants.
- Powdered sugar
- Strawberries (or other fruit), optional but highly recommended!
It's so easy to make these.
STEP 1: Roll out the crescent dough into the precut triangles and place the triangles on a parchment lined or nonstick baking sheet.
STEP 2: Spread a tablespoon or two of Nutella on the short side of the triangle.
If adding strawberry slices or other fruit, place it on top of the Nutella.
STEP 3: Roll the crescent dough up, tucking in any fruit slices as you go.
STEP 4: Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes, or until the crescents are golden brown.
STEP 5: Remove from the oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar while hot. Let cool for a few minutes, then serve and enjoy!
*For an even sweeter option, serve with extra nutella for dipping.
Nutella filled crescent rolls are delicious served warm for breakfast or dessert. They are also great at room temperature, so they are perfect for picnics, brunch parties, holiday dessert tables and breakfast charcuterie boards.
They can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 2 days. You can freeze them for up to 6 months in a plastic freezer safe bag.
Nutella Crescent Rolls
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the crescent dough into the precut triangles and place the triangles on the baking sheet.
- Spread a tablespoon or two of Nutella on the short side of the triangle. Add strawberry slices or other fruit if using. Roll the crescent dough up, tucking in the fruit as you go.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the crescents are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar while hot. Let cool for a few minutes before serving with extra nutella for dipping if desired.