This easy Strawberry Toast is made with your choice of bread, cream cheese and warm fresh strawberries.
Strawberry toast is a very simple and delicious breakfast recipe that uses only 3 ingredients.
I know it's going to be a good day when I can get my kids to eat their fruit- or dare I say veggies- before the sun even begins to shine. You'll rarely catch them eating fresh fruit plain and straight from a bowl, but as part of another recipe? They'll eat it!
Apparently they don't like strawberries unless their blended into a smoothie, wrapped with Nutella in a crescent roll or baked into a delicious oatmeal breakfast.
And most recently, strawberries atop bread slices layered with cream cheese. I'm glad they love this because it's a really simple and quick breakfast that gives them a healthy dose of fruit to start off the day.
My strawberry toast recipe uses only 3 ingredients:
- Fresh strawberries: remove the stems and leaves and slice in half or in quarters.
- Cream cheese: a plain block of cream cheese or whipped cream cheese. For A flavored cream cheese makes a good variation, especially strawberry cream cheese!
- Bread: you can use any type of bread for this recipe. Good choices are sourdough, rye, pumpernickel, white bread, whole wheat bread, or other sandwich style breads.
STEP 1: Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Add the chopped strawberries to a small baking dish or small bowl that's oven safe. Place in the preheated oven for 7-10 minutes, or until strawberries soften and release juices. Remove from the oven.
STEP 2: While the strawberries are baking, toast the bread slices to your desired toast level. Divide the cream cheese in half and spread on the toasted bread.
STEP 3: Divide the cooked strawberries in half and layer on top of the cream cheese toast. Drizzle with strawberry juice from the cooked strawberries and serve while warm.
How To Store
Because the strawberry mixture only lasts a day after being made, it's best to enjoy strawberry cream cheese toast the same day. If you have leftover strawberry mixture, store it in an airtight container in the fridge and use the next morning.
Peanut butter, almond butter, Nutella, avocado and balsamic sauce are great variations for the base layer of strawberry toast. Sprinkle some sugar on top of the strawberries for added sweetness or top with fresh herbs like mint or basil.
This recipe for strawberry toast uses only 3 ingredients and does not include any added sugars. Juicy, sweet strawberries are an excellent source of vitamin C and are a great addition to breakfast. While bread is high in carbs and cream cheese is high in fat, both contain essential vitamins and minerals and not are considered unhealthy as part of a well rounded diet.
For more delicious recipes, follow us on Pinterest and Instagram! And if you loved this recipe make sure to give it a star rating!
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, leaves removed and sliced in quarters
- 1 oz cream cheese
- 2 slices bread, *see notes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Add the strawberries to a small baking dish and place in the preheated oven for 7-10 minutes, until strawberries soften and release juices. Remove from the oven.
- While the strawberries are baking, toast the bread slices to your desired toast level. Divide the cream cheese in half and spread on the toasted bread.
- Divide the cooked strawberries in half and layer on top of the cream cheese toast. Drizzle with the strawberry juice from the cooked strawberries and serve while strawberries are still warm.
Yum! This sounds like a great breakfast treat! My kids will love this, as they are huge strawberry fans. Thanks for the recipe share!
You can never go wrong with strawberry toast. I love how quick and easy this recipe is and I made it for my breakfast this morning with some extra strawberries.
A pretty breakfast, that's a favorite with the kids...and easy....and healthy! Sometimes the simplest ideas are easily forgotten. Lol
I found this post just in time for today's mid afternoon snack and I had all of the required ingredients to make it! It was a huge hit with my kiddos and we'll be making it again.
This is the second morning in a row my family has requested for this strawberry bread for breakfast! A mom win for sure!
I've got to tell you - I could easy start every day with this toast. I just love strawberries, and this toast is amazing!
What a beautiful yet simply treat for breakfast or brunch. This is a lovely spring toast! I'm going to make this over the weekend 🙂
This was the perfect breakfast this morning. Everyone in my family loved the strawberry toast.
These roasted strawberries were so delicious! I made a double batch and served the rest on oatmeal!
Amy Liu Dong
Such a perfect breakfast for me to make for my family. I am sure they're gonna love this!