Easy Mini Pizzas are the ultimate party food! These little pizzas are perfect for a quick kids' dinner or snack, or any event where finger foods are the main attraction. From Super Bowl to slumber parties to New Year's Eve and more, mini pizzas are sure to please your crowd!
These cute little pizzas make a quick and easy snack, lunch, or dinner- depending on the occasion! Not only are they great for kids on pizza night, they make a fun addition to game nights, movie nights, slumber parties, and birthday parties.
But don't save these delicious mini pizzas just for the kids. They are a fantastic finger food for your next Sunday football game gathering, New Year's Eve party or cozy movie night with friends.
Mini pizzas are so easy to make, too. Make them with a classic pizza dough, pre-cut biscuit dough, and even small flour tortillas! It takes just a few minutes of preparation and about 10 minutes of cooking. That means you can have these little pizzas ready to serve in less than 20 minutes!
If you love pizza as much as me, make sure to check out these fun pizza recipes next:
To make mini pizzas you need:
- 1 package of pizza dough: Pillsbury classic crust is my favorite or make homemade dough using this easy pizza dough recipe if you have the time. Substitute with biscuits by removing the top half and using both the bottom and top part of the biscuit dough as your crust. You can also use small, 4-inch flour tortillas.
- Pizza sauce: or skip the traditional pizza sauce and go with a white pizza of just mozzarella cheese and your topping of choice.
- Shredded mozzarella cheese: or a pizza blend.
I also brush the dough with seasoned melted butter before adding the sauce, but this it totally optional. This simple addition seriously kicks up the flavor and crispiness of your pizza!
In addition to these basic pizza ingredients, you need your favorite toppings. There are so many great toppings for pizza, so use whatever you love!
Some suggestions are:
- Extra cheese
- Spicy Italian sausage
- Fresh Tomato
- Roasted Tomato
- Roasted Garlic
- Fresh basil
- Green pepper
- Buffalo chicken
- Barbecue chicken
Or mimic any of your favorite standard size pizzas to make these mini ones. Some of my favorite pizza variations are margarita and white pizza with tomato and basil.
How To Make Easy Mini Pizzas
Making mini pizzas is very simple and quick. You can have them on the table ready to eat in only 20 minutes.
Making them for the kids? Let them help! Kids love helping in the kitchen, so I recommend letting them make their own mini pizzas just the way they like them.
STEP 1: Spread the dough and cut it into small circles. The easiest way to do this is with a cookie cutter. If you don't have a small round cookie cutter, you can use the rim of a cup. Press the upside down cup into the dough and twist until you feel the dough separate.
STEP 2 (OPTIONAL): Melt the butter and mix it with the parsley, salt, and garlic powder. Brush onto the dough.
STEP 3: Now layer with pizza sauce. About 1-2 teaspoons will do. Add 1-2 tablespoons of shredded mozzarella cheese.
STEP 4: Add your toppings, if using.
STEP 5: Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes, until the cheese begins to bubble and turns golden brown.
Recipe Tips and FAQs
- Don't waste the dough trimmings while cutting the circles! Roll them back out into more mini pizzas or save them to make pepperoni pizza poppers (they can be frozen for use later!).
- Rather than baking them on a cookie sheet, use a pizza stone if you have one. This will give the crust a seasoned pizza flavor and a nice crisp!
Yes! You can assemble the pizzas and freeze them uncooked for up to 1 month for optimal quality, or 2 months max. Then cook them from frozen using the oven method in this recipe. Add 2-3 minutes to the cook time. You can also freeze cooked mini pizza and follow the directions above for reheating.
Yes, instead of the traditional pizza dough you can use English muffins! Follow the recipe as written but skip step 1. You can also use tortillas, bagels, and biscuits.How Long Do Mini Pizzas Take To Cook?
They only take about 10-12 minutes to cook in the oven.
One 4-ounce mini pizza has approximately 130 calories, 17 grams of carbs and 6 grams of fat. Whether or not they are healthy is a bit subjective and depends on your overall diet plan and health standards.
How To Store Leftovers
Store leftovers in the fridge wrapped in aluminum foil for up to 3 days. They can be frozen for up to 6 months. Reheat thawed mini pizza in the toaster, oven, or air fryer for 1-2 minutes, until warmed through. Reheat directly from the freezer for 4-5 minutes to completely defrost and warm through.
Easy Mini Pizza Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 425° Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking oil.
- Spread the pizza dough onto a floured surface and cut into circles with a cookie cutter or rim of a cup. You will have about 12 little pizza dough circles. Place the dough circles onto the baking sheet.
- Optional: Melt the butter and mix in parsley, salt, and garlic powder. Brush the pizza dough circles with the butter sauce.
- Spread 1-2 teaspoons of pizza sauce onto the dough. Sprinkle with 1-2 tablespoons of mozzarella cheese. Add your toppings of choice.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the cheese begins to bubble and is golden brown. Let cool for a few minutes before serving.