Recipes don't get much simpler or more delicious than these frozen banana bites layered with creamy nutella and dazzled with rainbow sprinkles. They are really fun to make with your kids, then enjoy on a hot summer's day!
Frozen banana bites are a fun and healthy kids snack that are easy to make. They are a wonderful way to turn plain (boring) fruit into a fun treat. And to get your kids to eat fruit when they give you a hard time!
There is no cooking required with this recipe. Just a little slicing, assembling and freezing. Frozen banana bites are a great way to get your kids in the kitchen with you, especially the littlest ones that you have yet to introduce to creating yummy foods!
If your kids are into helping make their own food, they will also love these rainbow cream cheese stuffed crescent rolls for breakfast. Both recipes are sure to be a hit with the kiddos!
MORE EASY KIDS RECIPES
- Apple Nachos drizzled with caramel and chocolate sauce
- Melted Snowman Bark
- Homemade Chocolate Christmas Candy
To make frozen banana bites you need:
- Bananas: always use fresh, ripe bananas
- Nutella: a good substitution is peanut butter, almond butter, or chickpea nut butter for a vegan version
- Sprinkles: we like using rainbow jimmies, but your favorite sprinkles work fine
Yield: 9 frozen banana bite stacks with rounds cut ½ inch thick and stacked in sets of 3.
You'll also need popsicle sticks or candy apple skewers. Alternatively, freeze the banana slices individually if you don't have something to hold them together.
Start by prepping the bananas. Peel them, then slice them into ¼ to ½ inch rounds. How big you make each slice is up to you.
Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. Place the banana rounds onto the baking sheet and spread on a teaspoon or two of nutella.
Top the nutella with sprinkles.
Stack the bananas in groups of two or three tall. Then slide the wooden stick into the stack.
Helpful Tip: Be careful here when inserting the stick. If done too forcefully the bananas could break. Squeeze the banana stack gently as you insert it, so the counter pressure holds the bananas together.
Freeze for one hour, then enjoy your delicious frozen banana bites!
Frozen Banana Bites
- popsicle sticks or candy apple sticks
- 3 bananas
- ⅓ cup nutella
- ⅓ cup rainbow sprinkles
- Peel the bananas. Slice each banana into ½ inch rounds.
- Place the banana rounds onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread a teaspoon or two of nutella onto the rounds, leaving ⅓ without nutella (these will be on the top of the stack). Top the nutella with rainbow sprinkles.
- Stack the bananas in groups of three, using a round without nutella as the top of the stack. Slice the popsicle stick into the center of the stack. Helpful Tip: Be careful here when inserting the stick. If done too forcefully the bananas could break. Squeeze the banana stack gently as you insert it, so the counter pressure holds the bananas together.
- Freeze for one hour.
What a great way to eat bananas. These are super cute and I love the sprinkles, perfect for the kids and parties.
What an awesome and creative way to make kids eat fruits.:) Will definitely serve these Frozen banana bites with my youngest kid, I'm very sure he'll be delighted. Thanks!:)
These frozen banana bites are so delicious! Such a fun treat to make with littles!
Oh, those frozen banana bites are so adorable!!! My little one will love them! Thanks for the idea!
lovely nice treats !!
these banana bites are so cute and fun to make! they make a great snack
So easy and delicious!
Banana? Nutella? SPRINKLES? What's not to like? Can't wait to make these with my kids this weekend.
The most MOST fun treat I've seen in a while!
Too cute! My kids loved this fun little snack!