Coconut Cream Cheese Dip is a sweet creamy dip made with chocolate pieces and topped with sweet coconut flakes! Make in only 5 minutes and serve with salty pretzels or sweet berries.
Sweet, sugary snacks are always a hit at parties, and Coconut Cream Cheese Dip is no exception, especially for the kids! They will enjoy making it as much as they love eating it. This is a fun 4th of July or Memorial Day recipe that will make your snack table pop with vibrant color.
The dip is made with only 5 ingredients and is ready to serve in only 10 minutes. Just mix everything together, transfer to a bowl, and serve! It's easy peasy, so get your kids in the kitchen this summer and let them help make it.
Coconut Cream Cheese Dip is great as a stand alone dessert or added to fun grazing boards, like this red, white and blue kids charcuterie board or snack boards similar to this summer sweet and salty s'mores board.
To make this delicious dip, you need:
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar: also called confectioner's sugar.
- Vanilla extract: pure vanilla extract has the best flavor, and you can even make it at home!
- M & M candies: in red, white and blue colors. If I can't find a bag of patriotic m&ms, I pick the blue and red out of the basic m&m package.
- Sweetened coconut flakes
Ideas For Dipping
In addition to the above dip ingredients, you'll need snacks for dipping. Salty snacks like pretzels make great dippers for coconut cream cheese dip, as do sweet fruits. crunchy snacks like teddy grahams, animal crackers, vanilla wafers, and graham crackers.and fruit make delicious choices.
- Teddy grahams
- Vanilla wafers
- Graham crackers
- Animal crackers
- Mini pretzels
- Pretzel rods
- Pineapple chunks
- Apple slices
- Banana slices
- Peach slices
- Pear slices
To make this 3 step dip, follow these simple instructions:
STEP 1: In a large mixing bowl, use a whisk to mix the softened cream cheese, vanilla extract, and white sugar until mostly smooth. Alternatively, use an electric hand or stand mixer and beat on low speed for about 1 minute.
STEP 2: Add the powdered sugar ½ cup at a time and continue mixing until smooth and all lumps are gone.
STEP 3: Fold in the m&m candies and sweetened coconut flakes. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with additional candy and coconut flakes. Serve with your choice of dippers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Store the dip in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Yes, the dip can be frozen for up to 3 months in freezer safe storage bags.
Brown sugar and coconut sugar are good options instead of white sugar.
Coconut Cream Cheese Dip
- In a large mixing bowl, use a whisk to mix the 8 oz cream cheese, ¾ cup white sugar and 2 teaspoon vanilla extract until mostly smooth. Alternatively, use an electric hand or stand mixer and beat on low speed for about 1 minute.
- Add the ¾ cup powdered sugar and continue mixing until smooth and all lumps are gone.
- Fold in the 1 cup red and blue m&m's and ½ cup sweetened coconut flakes. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with additional m&m's and coconut flakes. Serve with your choice of dippers.