Once you air fry frozen chicken nuggets you won't want to cook them any other way. Air fried chicken nuggets turn out crispy, golden brown and perfectly cooked. My kids love them and we make them often!
Table Of Contents
Air fried chicken nuggets are often on our table for lunch, along with corn dogs and these quick and simple cheese quesadillas. They turn out crisp and delicious. Frozen chicken nuggets are one of the easiest things you can cook in your air fryer, just like air fried frozen taquitos. This is a great way for first time users to learn how their air fryer works or for kids who are learning how to cook on their own.
Can I Cook Frozen Chicken Nuggets In The Air Fryer Straight From The Freezer?
Yes you absolutely can air fry frozen chicken nuggets straight out of the freezer. There is no need to thaw them first. Simply take them out of the box, put them into your air fryer and cook. It's great because frozen chicken nuggets are already pre-cooked so it's a quick and easy method.
What Brand Of Chicken Nuggets Is Best To Air Fry?
We've have been air frying chicken nuggets for years and have tested out many different brands without being disappointed. They have ranged in size, shape, thickness and type of breading. While our favorite are Tyson fully cooked fun dinosaur shaped nuggets and Tyson fully cooked traditional chicken nuggets, use your favorite brand keeping in mind that timing may need to be adjusted.
How To Cook Frozen Chicken Nuggets In An Air Fryer
I have a few different basket style air fryers and an oven style air fryer. I prefer cooking something simple like frozen chicken nuggets in my Power XL air fryer. I find it the quickest, at about 7 minutes to get hot and crispy dinosaur nuggets. But of course, any air fryer will do great with minor adjustments to timing.
STEP 1: Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (206 degrees Celsius). If your air fryer does not require preheating, skip this step.
STEP 2: Place the frozen chicken nuggets in a single layer in the air fryer basket or on the wire rack with space between so they do not touch. Air fry for 5-12 minutes, until nuggets are golden brown and the internal temperature reaches 165℉.
STEP 3: Using tongs, remove the cooked chicken nuggets from the basket. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce, such as ketchup, mustard, honey mustard sauce, barbecue sauce, etc.
- If you want to thaw your chicken nuggets first, that is fine. They will take about half the time to air fry than when frozen.
- Always cook in an even single layer to allow the hot air to circulate and crisp up all sides of the nuggets. If they are stacked they will not cook evenly.
The exact timing to air fry frozen chicken nuggets depends on the brand, your air fryer and the size and thickness of the chicken nuggets. It should take between 5 and 12 minutes.
To reheat chicken nuggets in your air fryer place them in a single layer on the air fryer rack or in the air fryer basket. If your air fryer has a reheat function use this for a few minutes until they are heated through. If not, use the air fryer setting at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 3-5 minutes.
Air fry chicken nuggets at 400 degrees Fahrenheit (or 206 degrees Celsius).
You do not need to spray the chicken nuggets with oil before air frying.
Flipping the chicken nuggets halfway through air frying is a matter of preference but it is not necessary. If you're using an air fryer basket with holes or a wire rack, the hot air will circulate well enough to crisp both the top and bottom without flipping. If you're using a solid tray or pan, you should flip them to get that same crispy breading.
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- ½ lb frozen chicken nuggets , see notes for using thawed chicken nuggets
- optional dipping sauce, ketchup, mustard, honey mustard sauce, barbecue
- Preheat the air fryer to 400℉/206℃. If your air fryer does not require preheating, skip this step.
- Place the frozen chicken nuggets in a single even layer in the air fryer basket or on the wire rack with space between so they do not touch. Air fry for 5-12 minutes, until nuggets are golden brown and the internal temperature reaches 165℉.
- Using tongs, remove the cooked chicken nuggets from the basket. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce, such as ketchup, mustard, honey mustard sauce, barbecue sauce, etc.