Make fun Turkey Shaped Pancakes for your kids on Thanksgiving morning! These yummy pancakes can be made from scratch or a boxed mix and served with "wing" scrambled eggs and "feather" fruit. Your kids will start Thanksgiving day with a healthy and hearty festive turkey shaped breakfast.
My family and I have been making a ton of fun-shaped foods, like these turkey shaped pancakes for Thanksgiving breakfast. These are a fun and simple way to get your kids in the kitchen with you and eating their fruit.
Let the kids put together their own little Thanksgiving pancakes with their favorite fruit and toppings. And make sure to put together your own turkey shaped pancakes too!
Alternatively, use your favorite pancake recipe or a box mix. But I bet that if you make my super fluffy vanilla almond milk pancakes, you won't be disappointed!
In addition to the pancake mix, you need:
- Red fruit: raspberries, strawberries, cherries, grapes
- Blue fruit: blueberries, blackberries, elderberries, black currants
- Banana slices
- Scrambled eggs
The first step in making this breakfast is to make the pancakes. Follow the recipe here if using vanilla almond milk pancakes. Or, follow the instructions on your boxed pancake mix.
Make them a few different sizes so that you have a larger "body" pancake and a smaller "head". I also make smaller pancakes in general for my 2 year old than I do my 6 year old.
Once the pancakes are cooked, create a turkey body on the plate using 2 pancakes, like below. Arrange the fruit like a big feathered tail around the top of the body, leaving space for the scrambled egg wings. Add 2 blueberry eyes. Use the red fruit for the turkey wattle, and a slice of butter for its beak.
Scramble 2 eggs per person and arrange those on the side of the pancakes so they look like wings.
Then serve and enjoy your cute little turkey pancakes!
Turkey Shaped Pancakes
- 2 small pancakes
- 2 large pancakes
- 4 eggs
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 cup strawberries, cut in half
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- Arrange 2 pancakes on a plate, a large one for the body and a small one for the head.
- Place sliced bananas, raspberries, strawberries and blueberries around the top of the pancakes as its feathers.
- Add scrambled eggs on the side for the wings and a raspberry for its wattle.
- Create eyes with 2 blueberries and use a slice of butter for its beak.
If you've made these fun turkey shaped pancakes, let me know how they turned out in the comments below. I'd love to hear from you!