If you're looking for a sweet, soft and delicious Cream Cheese Cranberry Bread recipe to add to your homemade fall and winter baking rotation, you've come to the right place. We've created this cream cheese cranberry loaf to be a tangy yet sweet quick bread perfect for afternoon snacking, breakfast with a big glass of orange juice or coffee, or a dessert for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Cream cheese cranberry bread is also wonderful as a Christmas morning breakfast.
While pumpkin cookies, cream cheese muffins and sweet pumpkin breads make up a lot of our Fall baking, cranberry cream cheese bread recently came into the mix when looking for a new way to use up a big bag of fresh cranberries. This loaf has just the right amount of sweet cream cheese to compliment the tart cranberries and is super tender and moist.
To make this delicious cranberry loaf you need:
- Fresh whole cranberries
- Cream cheese: it should be softened for the best results when mixing.
- Sugar: you can use all white sugar or a combination of white sugar, brown sugar and/or unrefined coconut sugar.
- Flour: I prefer using bread flour to make bread, including sweet quick breads like this. All-purpose flour is perfectly fine too.
- Eggs: at room temperature.
- Butter: unsalted butter is preferred but it's okay to use salted butter if that's what you have. Like the cream cheese, the butter should be softened for best results when mixing.
- Milk: milk adds tenderness and softness to the loaf.
- Vanilla extract: substitute with another extract, such as almond extract, cinnamon extract and orange extract, or use a combination of extracts for a unique flavor.
- Baking powder
STEP 1: Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour two 9x5-inch loaf pans.
STEP 2: In a large bowl or an electric stand mixer, beat the softened cream cheese, softened butter, sugar and vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Add the milk and eggs to the cream cheese mixture one at a time, beating well after each addition.
STEP 3: In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt (the dry ingredients).
STEP 4: Add the dry ingredients to the bowl of wet ingredients. Use a whisk to mix until just combined. Gently fold in the cranberries with a spatula.
STEP 5: Pour the batter into the prepared pans and smooth the top. Bake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the top of the loaf is golden brown.
STEP 6: Allow the bread to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
Once the cream cheese cranberry bread has cooled, slice and enjoy this lovely sweet treat!
How To Store
To keep your cream cheese cranberry bread fresh and maintain its flavor and texture, let the loaf completely cool and then store at room temperature wrapped tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil or in an airtight container. The loaf will keep for 4-5 days. You can store it in the refrigerator as well, for 7-10 days. To freeze, slice in individual portions, then wrap in plastic or aluminum foil and store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Make cranberry cream cheese bread ahead of time during the holiday season. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and put in a freezer safe storage bag, then place in the freezer until ready to use. Defrost in the fridge overnight or on the counter for a few hours. For easy serving and quicker defrosting, slice into pieces prior to freezing.
Cranberry bread might be crumbly if there is too little fat or eggs in the recipe, or if the loaf was overbaked.
Cranberry bread is a combination of sweetness and tartness. The bread will become less tart after it cools and after a day or two, the cranberries will taste more sweet than tangy.
Cream Cheese Cranberry Bread Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour two 9x5-inch loaf pans.
- n a large mixing bowl or an electric stand mixer, beat the softened cream cheese, softened butter, sugar and vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Add the milk and eggs to the cream cheese mixture one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the bowl with the cream cheese mixture. Use a whisk to mix until just combined. Gently fold in the cranberries with a spatula.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pans and smooth the top. Bake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the top of the loaf is golden brown
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.