Make cute melted snowman almond bark candies this holiday season! This is a fun recipe for parents and kids to make together, and will be loved by everyone. Leave a melted snowman for Santa and his reindeer on Christmas Eve or enjoy at holiday gatherings all month long!
One of our favorite things to do during the Christmas season is to create and make fun new holiday-themed treats. Melted Snowman Bark is a cute food craft to do with your children this Christmas. They are easy for all ages to make so everyone can participate.
These cute little melted snowman candies can be left out for santa and his reindeer on Christmas Eve. Along with some tasty white chocolate covered pretzels and Christmas tree brownies.
They are made with almond bark cubes and the candy of your choice to create clothing and snowman body parts.
These treats are great for kids because they don't need to be perfect. All it takes is melting almond bark, pouring it into a blob-type figure and sticking pieces of candy into it before it hardens.
In some of ours, we added a twizzler scarf and in others we didn't. We also added blue sprinkles to the bottom of some melted snowmen to look like a puddle of water.
All of the melted snowman almond bark candies came out looking cute and delicious! So play with your food this holiday season, and create a melted snowman of your own.
To make melted snowman bark you need:
- almond bark cubes
- rolo candy: or reese's peanut butter cups
- twizzler pull n peel candy
- pretzel sticks
- cinnamon imperials
- blue sprinkles: optional for if you'd like to create a pool of water at the bottom of the snowman
Making melted snowman bark is incredibly simple! It takes only 15 minutes before you have a tasty Christmas treat ready to be eaten.
Step 1: Prepare Ingredients
Melt the almond bark cubes according to the package instructions. Usually this is 90 seconds at first. Then stir and heat for another 15-30 seconds until all of the bark is melted.
While the bark is melting, prepare the other candy decorations so everything is ready to go. Break the pretzel sticks in half and unwrap the rolos. If making scarves, break the twizzlers into three pieces and peel them into strips of 2 or 3.
Step 2: Make Melted Snowmen
Line the counter or a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a spoon, scoop out the melted bark and ladle a big dollop onto the paper, wiggling the spoon to create a messy snowman shape.
Make only 1 or 2 at a time, so they do not harden before you decorate them.
Step 3: Decorate
Add the rolo for the hat. Place the pretzels into the arm positions, and use 2 or 3 cinnamon imperials to make candy buttons. Then twist a piece of twizzler to make a scarf shape and press it into the warm bark.
Add blue sprinkles at the bottom if wanting to create a water effect.
*Make sure to scatter the body parts and clothing near where they would be on a real snowman, but not exactly in the "right" spots!
Step 4: Let Harden
When all the snowmen are done, let them harden on the counter at room temperature for about 10 minutes before transferring off the parchment paper. Speed it up by putting them into the fridge.
Whether you're bringing these to a Christmas gathering, enjoying them at home with your family, or leaving them for Santa, they are sure to be a fun treat for everyone to eat!
How To Store
Almond bark candies can be kept at room temperature in a sealed and airtight container for up to 3 days. After this, the decorative candy pieces will become hard and tough to eat.
Melted Snowman Bark
- 20 oz almond bark
- 30 rolo candy pieces
- ½ cup cinnamon imperials
- 15 pretzel sticks
- 5 twizzler pull and peel pieces
- blue crystal sprinkles optional
- In a microwave safe bowl or glass measuring cup, melt the almond bark cubes according to the package instructions. While the bark is melting, break the pretzel sticks in half and unwrap the rolos. If making scarves, break the twizzlers into three pieces and peel them into pieces of 2 or 3 strips. Line the counter or a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the melted almond bark and ladle a big dollop onto the paper, wiggling the spoon to create a messy snowman shape. Do only 1 or 2 at a time, so they do not harden before you decorate them. Add the rolo hat, pretzel arms, cinnamon buttons, and twizzlers scarf.
- Let harden at room temperature for 10 minutes before transferring to a candy dish.